Wednesday 21 November 2012

My Ride

Every road trip, even a metaphorical one, needs a vehicle. Not just any vehicle, but a Riiiiide (as in "Pimp My...").

Luckily, I already possess an awesome Ride that had already proven its mettle (metal...?) two years ago in a nine-day, 4400 mile drive across the US. 

Why does a metaphorical road trip need an actual car?  Lots of reasons, such as:
  • It's a private space where I can think without interruption. 
  • I get to play MY music and control the volume.
  • I can go to the store in it to get more bad snacks any time I want.
Oh yeah, and because my particular road to reformation and rejuvenation seems to have a non-negotiable requirement that I be on standby to take the kids wherever they need to go, whenever they need to go there, at the drop of a text.

So, if you're planning to take your own road trip, remember that it's very important to choose a ride that mirrors your own personal characteristics. 

My Ride tells the world that I am sophisticated (it's a Little Black Dress - in a car), sporty (the 3.2L V6 grrrrrrowls when I just think about touching the gas), but also charmingly impractical (a convertible? on the Wet Coast? really??)

A number of other choices were considered, but the story they told wasn't quite right for me. 

Flashy, Rich, Desperate.

                         



        Cheerful, Frugal, Weird. 






      Thoughtful, Sensible, Dead inside.


My decision to abandon these as choices was made far simpler by the fact that I didn't actually own any of them.  So it's me and the Audi.  Maybe along the way I'll give her a name. 






No comments:

Post a Comment