Sunday 22 June 2014

Radio Silence (Part 2)


First, a NORTH SHORE RORSCHACH TEST...

NOW tell me what you see in each of these photos (jot it down in the space provided)

Photo #1: ___________________________


Photo #2:______________________________


 Photo #3:_______________________________















NOW score your answers:

"I see sky":   + 1 point
"I see trees":   - 1 point
"I see evergreen trees":  + 2 points
"I see strength, resiliency and limitless possibilities":  + 1000 points

NOW add up your score and determine your personality profile :

Points
Personality Profile
Description (Metaphorical)
< 2
Myopic
Can’t see the forest for the trees
2 – 999
Observant
See the forest, but waiting for the trees to engage because unwilling to go out on a limb
1000 +
Embracing
Powns* the forest and the trees and everything in it     (*this is not a typo.  It's like 'owns' but a little more aggressive)

NOW you're saying: "Hey, this was supposed to be another post about Radio Silence.  But this is all about trees and weird unscientific psychological tests.  What gives?"  (and if you scored <1000 points, you might be saying this in kind of a cranky tone, too.)

So here's what gives:  
In the last 8 months I have not been posting regularly on this Road Trip of Reformation and Rejuvenation. Thankfully, this Radio Silence has had nothing to do with incarceration or incapacitation, but because I've been been embracing some change and rejuvenating in a way that's kept me a bit busy.

In short, I went out on a limb, created my own thing and am now working on powning the forest.

What is that thing, you ask? [PS - thanks for asking :-)]

I call it Evergreen Law.  It's my solo law practice focused on 'Personal Legal Planning'.  That's the tag line I use for the work I do, which is estate planning (wills, trusts), incapacity planning (powers of attorney, personal care arrangements) and relationship planning (cohabitation, prenuptial and companionship agreements).  I like to say that I'm 'designing the legal structures for clients' personal relationships'.

The journey has been really interesting so far.  It's not just about being a lawyer, but also about being an entrepreneur - deciding on business systems, bookkeeping, marketing, etc, etc, etc... Importantly, it is about being a human being - connecting with clients, community, like-minded professionals, etc, etc, etc...

Needless to say, it demands some time and attention. All well-spent.

So what does this last photo have to do with all of this?


Well, there are some trees + a forest (what we've been talking about)
+ a really chill dog + a classic North Shore location (Skid Road trail up to the Baden Powell).

All things that matter to me and that helped me focus on who I am and what I want to be doing for the next 20+ years.  Keen, fresh and ready.

This is the answer to my Rorschach test.  What's yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment